looking for songs (vaguely on topic, really)

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 1 19:30:24 EDT 2004

--- "Hendon, Alison"
<A.Hendon at BrooklynPublicLibrary.org> wrote:

> Someone mentioned the Donald Swann version of
> Tolkien's songs - there was
> also a recording of this.

Two, I think, i have the original (can't recall the
singer but its not swann) on record and I recently
heard a different rendition on the radio. There is a
very lengthy list of Tolkien inspired music here;

http://www.tolkien-music.com/

which would seem to suggest that LOTR has inspired
more music than the rest of literature combined.

And Loreena McKennitt did
> a musical version of
> The Highwayman on The Book of Secrets.

I think this may have been listed twice on the artists
for literacy site (but they may not mean two
recordings. Just checked and it's actually three Phil
Ochs and John Otway

Jon