looking for different songs (not at all on topic, really)

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Wed Sep 1 14:42:31 EDT 2004

Christy googled and found some songs:

>I don't recognize the songs, but apparently they include the name Al.

and then more

[a list I've snipped 'cause Paul did say "well-known"....]

There's a truly horrible shaggy mog story involving a stray kitty that got
into Capone's appartment and took a pair of his spats apart, leaving them
in tatters, so he sends the boys out to go find that damn' stray and...
...and so they do their best...
...for cat after cat after cat...
...the punchline[1] of which is one of them arriving in a speakeasy with
his clothes shredded, a Throgmortenalike squirming under his arm, and the
words

"Pardon me, Al -- is this the cat that chewed your new shoes?"

(Think "Chattanooga Choo-Choo", and cringe.)

For what it's worth, there's a life of Hendrix that mentions him recording
Bob Dylan's "Al Along the Watchtower".  Will you accept a typo, Paul?

<grins and dives into the impenetrable waterweed>

Minnow

[1] for some value of the word "punchline"