looking for different songs (not at all on topic, really)

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Sep 1 11:29:22 EDT 2004

Since everyone has been very helpful with deborah's song request, I
wonder if anyone can help me:

I'm looking for well-known songs about people called Al.

It came about because I happened to be listening to "Brother, Can You
Spare a Dime?" ("don't you remember, they called me Al") and thinking
about "You Can Call Me Al" ("when you call me, you can call me Al") at
the same time. So that's two. And now I'm being nagged by a primitive
belief that things ought to come in threes.

It's of no great significance, and it's nothing to do with DWJ at all,
but it would be good for my peace of mind.

Anybody?

obDWJ: 'Drowned Ammett' is a well-known *book* about people called Al.
Which is no help at all, alas.

Paul
--
The Pink Pedanther