looking for songs (vaguely on topic, really)

Wed Sep 1 10:41:06 EDT 2004

On 31/8/04 11:49 PM, "liril at gmx.net" <liril at gmx.net> wrote:

> There's "Tales of mystery and imagination - Edgar Allan Poe" (The Alan
> Parsons Project), as the title says, songs and music to short stories
> (Cask of Amontillado, Tell-Tale Heart, Doctor Tarr and Professor
> Feather) and poems (nevermore nevermore nevermore never!!!) by E.A. Poe.

Posting twice on the same topic - this email came into my box this morning
from another list - talk about synchronicity!

>From the PBS Teacher Previews and apropos to the topic--

>Artists for Literacy

>If you ever thought no one "cool" had to read some classic literature like
you are being assigned to in school, >think again. This site presents Songs
Inspired by Literature, over two hundred songs and the works of <literature
they refer to. Who would have thought Led Zepplin would have a song based on
Moby Dick?

http://www.artistsforliteracy.org

Alison