Angela Thirkell and Mixolydians

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Sep 1 02:52:52 EDT 2004

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Roger Burton West wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 05:11:35PM +0800, Paul Andinach wrote:

> > On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 Devra at aol.com wrote:

> > > Debra Doyle and James MacDonald have a series (slightly Star
> > > Wars with the serial numbers filed off, bless them) called
> > > 'Mageworlds'.

> > I think I may have read one or two of those once, many years ago.
> > With the sinister warlord named Derek?
>
> Erm, no, not that I remember.

No, it wasn't; I was thinking of something else that was slightly Star
Wars with the serial numbers filed off. I thought the list of titles
looked suspiciously unfamiliar, but I couldn't get the right memory
into focus until after I pressed 'Send'.

Well, that was a productive use of our time, wasn't it? :/

> And the first one only came out in 1992.

Which is, in fact, about when I read the books I had in mind. (What
can I say? At my age, 1992 *is* "many years ago".) The first one of
the series I was thinking of came out in 1990.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."