AW: Very Very Tiny and On Topic Too

Belben Philip Philip.Belben at eon-engineering.com
Fri Oct 29 02:34:31 EDT 2004

> Homo floresiensis -- wow! I am amazed and
> fascinated by this discovery, a new species of
> hominid and very very small.
>
> http://www.nature.com/news/2004/041025/full/4311029a.html

Thanks for the link.  I'd not heard of this before.

> I was literally cooing at the telly when I saw
> the first report, so cute with their pointy
> weapons and elephant hunting and all. I'm so glad
> the world still has such surprises. I rather wish
> people weren't calling them hobbits though
> --wouldn't lymen or dorig be equally appropiate?

:-) They're _much_ too small to be Lymen or Dorig!

Remember, Gest and George were about the same height, and a Dorig stands
head and shoulders above a Lyman.  And Aunt Mary mistook the lymen for H.
Sapiens from that part of the world (Malay Archipelago, I mean).

Philip.