food translation

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 28 20:25:17 EDT 2004

>From the Australian Woman's Weekly Cookbook (so
probably a pretty traditional recipe); in the top of a
double boiler beat four eggs and 3/4 cup sugar until
blended, gradually add 1/2 cup lemon juice and 1/4 cup
water, stir until combined. add 2 teaspoons grated
lemon rind and 125gm butter, place pan over simmering
water and stir until mixture thickly coats a wooden
spoon. Pour into hot, sterilised jars, seal and
refrigerate.

Jon