food translation

Aimee Smith s4028253 at student.uq.edu.au
Thu Oct 28 19:17:50 EDT 2004

Lemon butter is - well, you can buy it in bottles as a condiment for use on bread, but Nanna used to make it with the consistency of custard - like a runny paste. You can taste the sugar but the lemon zings it up quite a bit. If you want the recipe I can ask my Mum. I think it tastes a bit like icing.

Arnotts Scotch Finger biscuits went well with this dish. Like shortbread cookies, I guess, though less crumbly. Called fingers cause the biscuit is rectangular and snaps into two lengthways. Buttery and crumbly biscuits. They're good.

Aimee.