a Bostonian trying to explain

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Thu Oct 28 10:03:18 EDT 2004

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Gili Bar-Hillel wrote:

|Being a translator, I shall translate: the Boston Red Sox have won the World
|Series, dispelling the "curse of the bambino".

Thank you, Gili.  I was gibbering last night, so the translation from
OHMIGOD!!!! to English was very helpful.

Margaret, the curse of the bambino being broken is not about sports.  It
is about magic, and hexes, at a very high level.  It's about Monigan's
power finally being broken, and Faber John rising from rest to reshape
Time City.  It's about the world of Dalemark being picked up and shaken
by immense powers, redrawn by faith and a bunch of ball players with
great hair, leaving a world that's completely unreconizeable.  What is a
Dalemark that's been redrawn? What is a world in which the Boston Red
Sox don't choke at season's end?

-deborah, only slightly hyperbolic
--
Kiss my ass, I bought a boat, and I'm going out to sea.  -Lyle Lovett