OT Books query

Judith Ridge Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au
Sun Oct 10 19:36:46 EDT 2004

On 8/10/04 9:28 PM, "Abe Gross" <argross at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>   Has anyone yet read _The Star of Kazan_ by Eva Ibbotson or _The Golem's Eye_
> by Jonathan Stroud (sequel to _The Amulet of Samarkand_ )?

I am about half way through Star of Kazan and like Hallie, I am thoroughly
enjoying it, even more so than Journey to the River Sea, which I thought was
marvellous.

>   I've also been wondering about a book I've seen called _The Moth Diary_ by
> Rachel Klein, which sounds most intriguing...has anyone read it?

I was disappointed in this; it's very literary and very "mysterious" but
ultimately I found the ending to be unsatisfactory. Others I know who have
read it disagree; they were very happy with the way it ends, so it may be a
strong case of taste! (I don't dislike open-ended books, but this one was
too inconclusive in all the possibilities it presents for my taste.)

Judith

Judith Ridge
Editorial Staff
The School Magazine