Guy Gavriel Kay

Mon Oct 4 11:36:59 EDT 2004

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 15:38:08 +0200, Gili Bar-Hillel wrote:

>I've just had lunch with Guy Gavriel Kay, and that humiliating moment came
>when I had to admit I've never read any of his books. He was so utterly
>charming that I so wanted to say "I've read your books and they're
>wonderful", but actually I haven't, so I didn't.  I'm told they're excellent
>and should be read. Is anyone on this list familiar with them? Which should
>I start with?

I'm not a big fan of his books, but mostly because they are overwhelming to
me.  My favorites are the Sarantine Mosaic books--_Sailing to Byzantium_ and
_Lord of Emperors_.  (The protagonist is a perfect romance novel hero,
though it's not obvious because this isn't a romance novel.)

Melissa Proffitt