Guy Gavriel Kay

Ian Riddell iwriddell at charter.net
Mon Oct 4 08:41:52 EDT 2004

I'll second Ros's love of Kay. _The Last Light of the Sun_ is sitting
on my bookshelf, waiting for an appropriately empty weekend when I can
read it uninterrupted.

I, too, loved _The Fionavar Tapestry_. It has a special place as one of
the few books that's ever made me cry. It has it's quirks and bits that
annoy me, but it's always on my reread pile.

One of his "annoying writerly ticks" is massive and constant
foreshadowing.

I was also enthralled by _The Lions of Al Rassan_ and would highly
recommend it.

Good reading . . . in my book anyway.

widdy