Guy Gavriel Kay

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Mon Oct 4 02:09:13 EDT 2004

> I'm so glad for you that you are getting to do a DWJ translation: Hurrah!
> :-)))  I'm sure she'll be delighted, if she hasn't already been told and
is
> being it already.  May I say?

I'd be rather surprised if she has been told, I don't think this is the sort
of information that is typically passed on, as in most cases the
translator's name wouldn't say much to the author anyway... So yes, please
do tell her!

(And aren't I glad now that I didn't ask you to put in a word for me. I got
the job anyway, on my own merits as translator, regardless of also being a
die-hard fan...)

Thanks also for your comment on reading/not reading an author's book before
meeting him/her. You're right, the conversation was pleasant enough anyway,
and didn't deal much with his books.

Gili