Guy Gavriel Kay

Sally Odgers sodgers at dodo.com.au
Sun Oct 3 09:49:52 EDT 2004

> and should be read. Is anyone on this list familiar with them? Which
should
> I start with?

I read one of the Tapestry books (had to review it).I found it over-written
and slightly Stephen Donaldsonesque. It was an interesting story, but I
didn't like it enough to chase up the other two in the trilogy. I'm not fond
of "fine writing"... much prefer DWJ who is clever without waving the
cleverness in front of me.

BTW, I suspect this is a reflection on me, not GGK, who is probably a very
nice bloke. He's a writer, isn't he?

Sallyo... just back from a festival where I met Duncan Ball, Emily Rodda,
Marc McBride, Ian Bone, Goldie Alexander etc, etc.