Book-based songs

Charles Butler hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Sat Oct 2 14:17:45 EDT 2004

Remember that thread (I'm afraid I can't remember who started it - Deborah,
perhaps?) a couple of months ago, on songs based on children's books? I've
just acquired a couple of tracks (through ebay): *The Owl Service* by the
Leeds-based group Pram (which I really liked - I'd never heard of Pram, but
they must be the only pop group in history to make regular use of a
Theremin); and *The Dark is Rising* by Mercury Rev (all right, but not
obviously based on the book apart from the use of the phrase itself). Anyone
else know these two? Or maybe they were mentioned last time round?

Charlie