The Nine Ferrets Song

Belben Philip Philip.Belben at eon-engineering.com
Fri Oct 1 03:18:32 EDT 2004

Just some small clarifications, and then we can all get back to discussing
DWJ ;-)

I've sent Widdy a copy of the manuscript, which he has very kindly agreed to
put into Sibelius.  This will put the song into computer-readable form.  I
know very little about what it can then do, but if all you want is sheet
music to bash through on your keyboard or guitar, he can supply a file that
you simply print.  Please contact him off-list.

If on the other hand you think that Sibelius'd sheet music is boring and
impersonal, and want a photocopy of the manuscript instead, I can send you
one.  (Please contact me off-list.)  But it cost me over EUR3 to send to
Widdy, so if people outside Europe could be content with printing out a PDF
(or whatever) I'd be grateful.

Paul, is your version in a state you'd be prepared to let us see?

Now, what should I try next?  As an obDWJ for this thread, how about

"They've got headaches down at Admin Bureau -
Changeover's going to blow up Truro"? ;-)

That song has particular resonances for me since we were on holiday in
Cornwall in September 2001.  On the day after the attacks, I was shopping in
Truro, and thinking of those words.

Philip (a composer in need of a lyricist)