howl's movie; and children's library policy

Sally Odgers sodgers at dodo.com.au
Wed Nov 24 21:49:26 EST 2004

I, too, often loiter in libraries. And I sometimes enjoy eavesdropping on
kids as they choose books. I suppose I'll have to cease and desist now. I do
a lot of school workshops and I've already had to train myself to never
touch the children, which is difficult when they sometimes initiate contact
themselves. The little ones often like to get close when it's story time, so
I have to sit on a chair now rather than on a floor cushion the way I used
to.

It's understandable, but so SAD.

Sallyo.
As to