Julia and Roger's analogues

Allison Marles apm at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Nov 24 09:31:28 EST 2004

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 01:58:13PM +0800, Paul Andinach wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Judith Ridge wrote:
>
> > And Janet's parents aren't Cat and Gwendolyn's parents...
>
> Aren't they? I seem to recall Janet remarking that they were, or at
> least that they had points in common.

Right, like they were first cousins as well.
However, since the minor differences between worlds mean that
sometimes people's analogues must die at different times or
not have children or something, the genealogy of two worlds
cannot be identical so maybe it's more like your "soul" exists
in other worlds and frequently is born to the analogues of your
parents, but if they aren't available it might get born to
someone similar.  So that would explain things like how in one
world you have a sibling that you don't in another.

Allison