Help please - thesaurus

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Nov 23 15:05:58 EST 2004

Hello dear listmembers

I am aware that there are many erudite and learned people on the list, and
also many students like me. I am hoping to get a new thesaurus for
Christmas, so is anyone able to give me feedback on a thesaurus (recent
edition) which they have found useful? I have a Roget dated sometime in the
1980s - about 3 inches thick, which has valiantly helped me through many
essays. However, at times I have found it a little opaque to use.
Any suggestions will be most gratefully received.
ObDWJ (at a stretch) - I'm sure Ted Mallory uses one too.
Regards
Elizabeth.