howl's movie; and children's library policies

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Tue Nov 23 10:45:53 EST 2004

Link from lisnews.com:

"In an attempt to make their children's areas more safe, Orange County (FL)
libraries are no longer allowing adults without children to loiter in
its children's area. While adults will be able to select materials, they
will not be allowed to loiter. The Association for Library Services to
Children (ALSC) says they think that this is one of the first official
policies of its kind, but anticipate that more libaries will follow
suit."

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20041123/APN/411230593%22

I understand, I really do.  Sadly this is probably a good idea.  But!
What does "loiter" mean?  I browse in children's libraries, looking for
interesting books.  For me.  Does that count as loitering?

Also, Howl's is out.  Someone needs to go to Japan and send us a report.
And send me stuff.  I so want a plush Calcifer I can't even begin to
explain.  Someone on livejournal has put up the main theme from the
soundtrack:
http://www.livejournal.com/community/dianawynnejones/38242.html

-deborah
--