OT fanfic and editing

Ika blake at gaudaprime.co.uk
Mon Nov 22 05:52:39 EST 2004

Devra wrote:

> Well, in the old days when rocks were soft and everyone used a Correcting
> Selectric typewriter (rather than a computer) fanfic was generally
> published in
> hardcopy by an editor.

Still happens sometimes now, particularly in the older fandoms (in my
case, Blake's 7): there's much speculation about the correlation between
paper publishing and general quality of writing. The B7 zine 'ttba' is a
good example of fierce editing/high literary standards in fanfic; I know
the editor had a lengthy and passionate discussions about commas with most
of her writers.

Love, Ika

--
'Marx was right! Capitalism tends inevitably towards monopoly, and rich
people suck!'