Sallyo mentioned

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Fri Nov 19 21:11:43 EST 2004

        Now I trust that there is not more than one Sally Odgers who writes
young adult books, and so I must assume that the one whose book "Boy Down
Under" is discussed in the article in Publishers Weekly dated Nov 15 2004 ('Chick
Lit for Teens and Tweens', p 24 - 26) and whose book cover is so delightfully
centered on p 26 - is our Own True Sally.  wow.  The publisher is quoted as
saying 'In fact, in October we published Boy Down Under - [chick lit] with a
fantastical twist, in which a strong, sassy heroine must discover if her new
boyfriend is real or imaginary.'
     Way to go, SallyO!
     In fact it's an excellent article anyway, explaining why kids are tired
of 'problem novels' and want to read about people who aren't being sexually
abused, or alcoholic, or bulimic, or...
     Devra, amazed that no other librarians or booksellers saw this first!

Devra Langsam
www.poisonpenpress.com
devra at aol.com