illustration identification help

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Fri Nov 19 19:06:12 EST 2004

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Kyla Tornheim wrote:

|On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 Deborah.dwj at suberic.net wrote:
|
|> Could people help me identify what these illustrations are reminiscent
|> of?  They remind me of something, it's on the tip of my brain -- some
|> English children's program, maybe?
|>
|> http://www.flightofthebuzbybee.com/read-02.html
|
|The first thing I thought of was Wallace and Gromit. It's around the eyes,
|I think.

You know, you're right, there is some of that.  But there's something
about the round heads, 3-d effect, tiny eyes ... I just feel like I've
*seen* it before.  Almost exactly.

Hmm.  I looked at some W&G images, and those got me thinking... I wonder
if I'm thinking of some odd mental amalgam of W&G and the Magic
Roundabout (http://magicroundabout.com/Characters.asp ).  Or at least
the dog from the magic roundabout.

-deborah
--
"`I am that merry wanderer of the night'?  I am that giggling-dangerous-
totally-bloody-psychotic-menace-to-life-and-limb, more like it."