Chronology (was this is gonna be weird)

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Fri Nov 19 17:37:31 EST 2004

On Friday 19 November 2004 23:12, Katarina Hjärpe wrote:
> >Ooh. Is there anyone here who read Lives of Christopher Chant
> before >Charmed Life? I imagine that would have quite an effect on
> what you >thought of Chrestomanci...
>
> *raises hand* Me.

And my currently nine-year-old, who read LOCC when she was seven and CL
this year (when the bookshop finally had it so we could give it to her
for her ninth birthday).

> And I'm also one of those horrid people who read the Narnia books in
> chronological order. (They work that way, though. It's funny to read
> LWW and know where the lamp post came from, and who the professor may
> be, and all that.) Funny story, first time around I only got a few
> chapters into the last book before I decided I *could not* read this
> (the ape made me furious) and so I went years without knowing how it
> ended...

The other nine-year-old is reading Narnia doggedly in order, starting
with LWW, and she's now halfway through _The Silver Chair_ (which she
and I both think is the best, though with her it's ex aequo with _The
Voyage of the Dawn Treader_). _The Last Battle_ is on her bookshelf
already, trying but failing to tempt her. I'll tell you whether the ape
makes her furious when she gets to it. (It did me, but not furious
enough to stop reading)

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 18-Nov-2004