Places are people too?

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Fri Nov 19 13:15:52 EST 2004

Sallyo said...

> I did a sentient (and murderous) house once! It has its reasons.... for
the
> curious, the book was called "Night Must Always Come". Then there's Anne
> McCaffrey's sentient planet Petaybee. So, DWJ's cities are Not a Problem.

Oh yeah, I had a sentient house in a role-playing game I ran once.  But it
only murdered would-be burglars. :-)  Come to think of it, it was loosely
based on Charles de Lint's Tamson House.  And I've a notion there was a
sentient castle in the "Pelmen the Powershaper" trilogy by...googles
frantically...Robert Don Hughes, that was him.  There's more of these things
around than I'd first thought!

Dorian.