Places are people too?

Margaret Ball margaret at onr.com
Thu Nov 18 23:59:02 EST 2004

>We read about homes taking on a personality over time, even if
>they're not aware, so isn't sentience just the next step?

Ooops. You mean that little voice crying "Clean me! Clean me! Pick up
the piles of fabric!" isn't just my conscience?

I like the idea, though houses in Texas hardly have a chance to develop
a personality. When people buy houses in this neighborhood, what they're
really buying is the land...they tear down the "old" house and build a
mansion that bulges out to the property line on both sides.

I can just imagine what kind of personalities those nouveau mansions are
going to develop....spoilt rich kids, you think?

--
Margaret Ball
http://www.flameweaver.com

Mathematicians are like Frenchmen; whatever you say to them they translate into their own language and forthwith it is something entirely different.

                                        -Goethe