this is gonna be weird

Katarina Hjärpe head_overheels at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 17 15:09:32 EST 2004

>Seems to me that either it's derivative, which I suppose it's fair to
give
>warning about so those of us who like our fiction a bit original can be
>warned and avoid it, or it isn't, in which case why not let us know that
it
>isn't a hack re-write of something we enjoyed before it was
regurgitated?

Oooh, I'd like *that* kind of warning! It'd be appliable to 90 percent of
fantasy fiction!

Seriously, though. "Fanfiction" doesn't say the first thing about whether or
not the story is original. The Last Temptation of Christ is, strictly
speaking, fanfiction. Pretty Woman isn't. If I'd want something original, I
would still choose the former story.

Katta (being just a *tiny* bit testy about the "hack" part)