fanfic and dwj (was Re: this is gonna be weird)

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Wed Nov 17 12:25:31 EST 2004

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004, Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise wrote:
|I disagree, somewhat. What happened to, for instance, Time City after
|Tale of Time City? What happened to Milly at boarding school? What
|happens after Crown of Dalemark? For that matter, what about Romilla,
|and did Chrestomanci ever have to go tidy _that_ up? What exactly was
|the original feud in Caprona? What happens when the Goon comes back when
|Awful is grown up? And for goodness sake, what happened after
|_Spellcoats_?

|The really frustrating thing is that I know that Diana would write them
|better than I ever could imagine, but I also know that  she will avoid
|writing a number of these stories because it would just be too darn
|tidy. :)

That might be the key part for me.  I *don't* think Joss Whedon can come
up with ideas infinitely cleverer than anything I can conceive of. I
*do* think so for DWJ.  :)  So while the holes are there, I don't want
to fill them.

I actually think Crown of Dalemark is her weakest book, and that's the
book where she precisely does fill holes and give a tidy ending.  Huh.

-deborah
--
I would rather go honestly to Hell, admitting that I leaped
knowingly into error and folly, than enter into the sweetest