this is gonna be weird

hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Wed Nov 17 09:14:30 EST 2004

Ika

> PS: I have now read the first two Dalemark books and am waiting for a
> moment to report back on them before I get on to Drowned Ammett and the
> Crown of Dalemark. Hooray!

So you're reading them chronologically rather than in order of publication? Is that deliberate? (As a matter of fact so did I, but that was because I happened to find the Spellcoats first.) When you've finished them I'd be interested to know if you have any opinion on the merits of reading them in one order over another. A question that arises with Chrestomanci too, of course. And with Narnia. And with many another multi-volume series. Do people here prefer to be pragmatic and taking each case on its merits-ish, or are there any die-hard advocates of internal chronology or of publication order?
Charlie (for whom the first Narnia book has to be The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe).

--

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/