AW: DWJ tribute at IBBY conference

Belben Philip Philip.Belben at eon-engineering.com
Tue Nov 16 06:03:43 EST 2004

> As Charlie's such an unassuming type, it seems he wasn't going to mention
> this here, but on Saturday he gave a tribute to DWJ as part of her 70th
> birthday bash (officially, I suppose, it was part of the IBBY conference)
> in Roehampton.   Wasn't there, so I can't do a report on it myself, but
> it sounded brilliant - he did 'The Ten Greatest Things about DWJ',
> including tributes-within-a-tribute from Neil Gaiman and Garth Nix!  So
> now the first notes of trumpet fanfare have been sounded, proper reports
> will hopefully be forthcoming....

Oh, what fun!  Well done Charlie!  Please post the ten greatest things here?
Perhaps list members should each give our ten greatest things... (Count me
out, though: Talking About Books is not my scene, and I've never met her
personally)

But can someone enlighten me?  What, pray, is the IBBY conference?

Philip.