DWJ tribute at IBBY conference

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Tue Nov 16 03:58:34 EST 2004

As Charlie's such an unassuming type, it seems he wasn't going to
mention this here, but on Saturday he gave a tribute to DWJ as part
of her 70th birthday bash (officially, I suppose, it was part of the
IBBY conference) in Roehampton.   Wasn't there, so I can't do a
report on it myself, but it sounded brilliant - he did 'The Ten
Greatest Things about DWJ', including tributes-within-a-tribute from
Neil Gaiman and Garth Nix!  So now the first notes of trumpet fanfare
have been sounded, proper reports will hopefully be forthcoming....

Hallie.