Minnow's dissertation, and the Merlin conspiracy (was Tough Guide: warning)

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 15 21:20:38 EST 2004

Minnow, who is to be congratulated on completing
her very cool and erudite dissertation wrote

<The Regalia people are indigenous, and are
related to the small, shy people
of the hedgerows -- and distantly to the rather
less shy and more wanchancy
Lads who hang out in the cities and have a
passion for liquorice allsorts
(if you ever happen to need to bribe them, but I
hope you never do). >

And surely then  the city where they must
congregate in the highest numbers is Sheffield,
specifically the Basset's* Factory on Penistone
Road. I wonder what they were bribed with before
1842? Pontefract cakes? I should think the ones
you need to be most wary of are the ones who go
for the pure  liquorice cylinders, those who like
the sugary rolls with the thin covering of the
black stuff strike me as being more easily
pacified or something. I've given myself the
shivers now, I shall be squinting sideways at
that factory next time I take the bus to go
swimming in Hillsborough.

*Bassets, of course are the original
manufacturers and creators  of liquorice
allsorts.

=====
Ven