this is gonna be weird

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Mon Nov 15 19:35:22 EST 2004

It hadn't occured to me that Howl has been brought into the world of
"anime fandom":

http://www.livejournal.com/community/movingcastle/6893.html?#cutid1

(Markl, I believe, is Michael.)

I mean, anime, sure.  But anime fandom ... is an entirely different
animal than literature fandom.  There's lots more Big-Eyes-Small-Mouth
fan art, and exclamation points, and cat ears, and randomly adding
"chan" to inappropriate words.  And, it seems, cosplay.  Nothing better
or worse, just very, very different.

Huh.  Well, it'll be a fun ride.

-deborah
--
I'm not a roman, mum, and I never will be. I'm a kike, a yid, a
heebie, a hook-nose, I'm kosher, mum. I'm a red sea pedestrian, and