printing error

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Thu Nov 4 11:51:35 EST 2004

Looks like we have the same edition. Mine continues on page 218:

... were playing a game they'd invented, throwing clods of frozen mud at the
roof and laughing when smaller clumps of dirt rained back down on them. It
was an ugly scene - certainly any of the women back in the castle would have
sniffed in disgust and turned back to their fancy silks and satins, their
perfect little needlepoint designs. But I saw the joy in the children's
eyes, the jubilation on their faces every time a particularly big clod
broke. I saw, well, beauty.
     And suddenly I understood the old woman's prediction in a new light.
Happiness was like beauty - in the eye of the beholder. Maybe the old woman
could be right in a way she'd never intended. I did know this: I like my
life the way I was living it.
     I turned from my window and went back to work.

-----

havent' read it in a while, and I can't say I remember much, so I've nothing
to add to your analysis. I remember mildly enjoying it, not more, not less.

Gili