Caroline Stevermer books - pretty much totally OT

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Thu May 20 05:58:05 EDT 2004

Elizabeth wrote:

> When the King comes home
> and
> A Scholar of Magics
>
> I've read 'A College of Magics' - is Scholar a sequel? And
> has anybody read these who feels up to commenting on them?

"When the King Comes Home" is set in a medieval world (the past of the world of College of Magics). It's a good book, I liked the central character and it's an interesting story, but it just didn't grab me the way College of Magics did, so I was a bit disappointed. I introduced someone to Stevermer and this is her favourite book, though, so your milage may vary.
Jennifer