Unexpected Magic

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Sun May 16 17:42:45 EDT 2004

I wrote

<A while later, when I saw her
> husband at a party I remembered to ask for them
> back "Oh," he said "I sold them."
> "...........!!!" I replied but basically he
> refused to comprehend that there was anything
> wrong with selling books that someone else had
> lent to your wife.>

Dorian, among others indignant on my behalf,
replied

<But...but...but...that's *stealing*!  How could
he possibly fail to
comprehend that?!  You should have reported him
to the police; that might
have got it through his thick head.>

Ah well, Shine wouldn't have liked that, and I
doubt Dorian would have been bothered with it.
Seriously though, it was only a small example of
this chap's bad behaviour toward his wife, in
which drugs and alcohol played quite a part, and
well, let's say thisn was where the scales fell
from my eyes wheer he was concerned.

=====
Ven