who says fairytales don't come true? Mary + Frederick

Abe Gross argross at bigpond.net.au
Sat May 15 10:48:21 EDT 2004

  Just watched the broadcast of The Wedding... it was sooooo gorgeous! (It is sooooo late!)
  Best bits: Watching Crown Prince Frederick's face, especially as the bride's arrival drew nearer and the first part of the service (jitters, teary-eyed, over the moon); Mary's dress (wow she was so beautiful!); the music just after the vows, 'Prayer', with harp and choral and organ and everything melding gloriously. Oh, and the guy in the SBS sound studio who just wasn't a translator and who kept getting interrupted by mobile phones at inopportune moments and someone saying something about Simon Creane... poor guy.
  Was anyone actually there in Copenhagen to see the ceremony? This list is about as international a forum as I know.
  Aimee.

  I had no intention of really watching it originally, but after seeing a few moments, couldn't stop watching! I was really moved by the prince's tears and his nervousness and his open, likeable face--he kept reminding me of someone from DWJ but I couldn't quite place him! He also seemed much younger than his real years. It was obvious how different his family was from the British royal family--real affection here, and such affection between Frederick and Mary. The whole thing had such charm and naturalness despite the formality. I ended up staying up really late at night (which it was here) to watch the whole thing.

  Ros