Fire and Hemlock (was Fantasy starter pack)

Allison Marles apm at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Fri May 14 16:23:11 EDT 2004

One of the things I've always loved about F&H is the way the
things Polly makes up start coming true.  Usually people are
so busy saying not to let your imagination run away with you
or that it's all in your head or to live in the real world,
or any number of irritating and uninteresting things.

I quite like that the things she imagines have an effect on
the real world and become part of reality.  But even more
so that they are just a bit different than she pictured and
take on their own lives.  If that didn't happen it would be
a bit too fake seeming. The whole idea gives a sense of
empowerment that your ideas have an effect on the world.

Allison