Unexpected Magic

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Fri May 14 14:53:45 EDT 2004

Ven said...

> Many years ago I lent some books to a friend,
> including Warlock at the Wheel, a hardback copy
> of Angela Carter's Wise Children and several more
> of value to me. A while later, when I saw her
> husband at a party I remembered to ask for them
> back "Oh," he said "I sold them."
> "...........!!!" I replied but basically he
> refused to comprehend that there was anything
> wrong with selling books that someone else had
> lent to your wife.

But...but...but...that's *stealing*!  How could he possibly fail to
comprehend that?!  You should have reported him to the police; that might
have got it through his thick head.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian (spluttering with indignation on Ven's behalf).
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net
www.livejournal.com/users/dorianegray

"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."
-Wm. Shakespeare, "Macbeth".