Spitting tintacks, plus quiz

Ika blake at gaudaprime.co.uk
Fri May 14 07:18:50 EDT 2004

Minnow wrote:

> I think that some of Chesterton is splendid stuff, though his political
> and
> religious standpoints are not everyone's cup of tea nowadays (nor when he
> was alive either come to that).  I enjoy reading his poems as well as his
> prose, but again not everyone is going to like what some of them are
> about.

I remember squeeing loudly and running round the house when I first read
Black Maria (very recently) at the mention of Chesterton's *Lepanto*: I
memorized it too, when I was around Mig's age. I can still recite it -
although I haven't seen a text of it in years so I might be completely off
for all I know -  but I wince a bit at all the rhetoric about the
"savages"...

Anyway, but it was very cool to see it mentioned.

Love, Ika

--
"Isto was not legal. This is confused. I could make melhor" - Diana Wynne
Jones on TV, as translated from the Portugese by babelfish