Spitting tintacks, plus quiz

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Thu May 13 19:27:52 EDT 2004

Minnow wrote

<Out of evil shall good come, though.  The day
after, thinking to amuse her with something not
too demanding, I told her about the quiz you had
produced (though I didn't have a copy with me
so we still don't know who runs her bit of town)
and she got interested.  We now have a twenty-
question multiple-choice quiz being thought out,
and she has done the answers for fourteen of the
characters whom we felt ought to be included.>

I couldn't come up with an answer when someone
asked which character I most identified with so
I'm really intrigued by the idea of doing the
quiz. Some days I feel like a Quack though.......

Minnow
<DWJ says "Oh, well *done*, Ven!"  Apparently AG
was deliberately aimed at
1984 and *Nineteen Eighty-Four*, and she's been
waiting ever since for
anyone to notice.  Big grin appears.>

Amazed and pleased, surely I can't have been the
first! I'm not sure I could face re reading 1984,
it left an indelible impression of grimness, but
I think I will seek out The Napoleon of Notting
Hill. I seem to have missed Chesterton and this
is not the only list that wants to nudge me into
reading him.

=====
Ven