Unexpected Magic

Ian W. Riddell iwriddell at charter.net
Tue May 11 23:07:20 EDT 2004

I just bought DWJ's new collection "Unexpected Magic" and am enjoying
it. The only other collection of shorts I have of hers is "Stopping for
a Spell" which I haven't read yet.

I'm disappointed that there aren't any Chrestomanci stories in it, but
I know I can just get "Mixed Magic" and have them. I've read "Stealer
of Souls".

I think once I get through these I'll start a full re-read of all her
books. That should take me a while. Since I've not read all of her
books yet, it'll force me to catch up as well. This way I can reread
the first three Dalemark books before I try "Crown of Dalemark" again,
which, for some reason, I haven't been able to get into yet.

It also means I get to reread "Dogsbody" - my first DWJ, read 10 years
ago now!

widdy
(excited!)

Human speech is like a cracked kettle on which we tap crude rhythms for
bears to dance to, while we long to make music that will melt the
starts.
- Gustave Flaubert
Ian W. Riddell
iwriddell at charter.net