Flapjack recipe

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 20:51:18 EDT 2004

I wondered
> if anyone >else has ever had Instant Postum, a
near tasteless drink that i susopect my Nana
developed a taste for during the war as a coffee
>substitute.>

Melissa enlightened me
<Postum is the pseudo-coffee beverage of choice
for Mormons who aren't
allowed the real thing.  Jacob grew up with it
because his mom drank it.  I
think we have a jar in the back of a cupboard
somewhere.  I'll stick with
the Cadbury's, thanks.>

<Mormon history is full of weird caffeine-free
beverages that the early Utah
pioneers, desperate for something hot to drink,
made from the local flora.
They tried steeping almost every growing plant
they didn't recognize in
hopes of finding some wonderful drink.  It never
worked.>

Coffee gives me migraines, I didn't know this at
the time but it was probably at the root of my
enthusiasm or postum.

=====
Ven