New DWJ? Conrad's Fate

Anna Clare McDuff amcduff at math.sunysb.edu
Sat May 8 15:38:56 EDT 2004

	I was just browsing at Amazon.co.uk and caught sight of an entry
for a new DWJ novel set to come out in March 2005! Does anyone know
anything more about this? Or has it been done to death while I've been
slumbering in lurkdom? If so, just point me to the relevant archives!  The
Amazon entry says that it's a brand new Chrestomanci novel and oh, I just
can't wait.  I've pasted the Amazon description below for anyone
interested...

	Anna

Amazon say:

A splendid, new, magical adventure from Diana Wynne Jones, set in the
worlds of Chrestomanci!Conrad is young, good at heart, and yet is
apparently suffering from the effects of such bad karma that there is
nothing in his future but terrible things. Unless he can alter his
circumstances - well, quite frankly, he is DOOMED. Conrad is sent in
disguise to Stallery Mansion, to infiltrate the magical fortress that has
power over the whole town of Stallchester, and to discover the identity of
the person who is affecting his Fate so badly. Then he has to kill that
person. But can any plan really be that simple and straightforward? Of
course it can't! And things start to go very strangely for Conrad from the
moment he meets the boy called Christopher... This is trademark DWJ -
packed with laugh-aloud humour, insane logic, spot-on observations,
organised chaos, and all wrapped up in a rattling good adventure which
oozes magic from every seam. Literally.