DWJ Quiz -- Who's Running Your Town

Thu May 6 12:00:04 EDT 2004

On Tue, 4 May 2004 09:10:36 -0700 (PDT), Ven wrote:

>Here's a little DWJ quiz I've made up for your
>amusement. It should be fairly obvious what book
>you're in.

Wonderful quiz!  As expected, I ended up with Hathaway running West Valley;
I didn't realize that he would be sharing that jurisdiction with Erskine,
though.  It sort of makes sense, in a weird way.

Having seen Berlin, with its marvelous public transit system, I realize now
just how far in the past Hathaway is living when it comes to our town.
There is a main road near our house that we use nearly every day; it crosses
another main road, and there is a bus stop to the north and to the south of
this intersection.  Every day there is a bus PARKED at the north bus stop
with no driver in sight.  Every single day.  It's a family joke that the bus
must be doing its shopping at the nearby supermarket.  Sometimes it is still
there when we return home.  Only twice this year have we actually seen the
bus drive away--probably in response to distant desperate cries of
"Hathaway, send a bus!"

I won't even start on the light rail system, which is Salt Lake's idea of
being chic and East-coast.  Let's just say that if I want to use light rail,
I have to drive twenty miles and then park...

Melissa Proffitt