Flapjack recipe

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Thu May 6 11:54:28 EDT 2004

On Thu, 6 May 2004, Melissa Proffitt wrote:

|On Mon, 3 May 2004 20:37:43 -0700 (PDT), Ven wrote:

|>mention this mainly because I wonder if anyone
|>else has ever had Instant Postum, a near
|>tasteless drink that i susopect my Nana developed
|>a taste for during the war as a coffee
|>substitute.
|
|Postum is the pseudo-coffee beverage of choice for Mormons who aren't
|allowed the real thing.  Jacob grew up with it because his mom drank it.  I
|think we have a jar in the back of a cupboard somewhere.  I'll stick with
|the Cadbury's, thanks.

A friend got me hooked on Postum a couple of years ago, made with hot
milk and 1T each of Postum and sugar, instead of with water as the jar
suggests.  Mmmm.

|Mormon history is full of weird caffeine-free beverages that the early Utah
|pioneers, desperate for something hot to drink, made from the local flora.
|They tried steeping almost every growing plant they didn't recognize in
|hopes of finding some wonderful drink.  It never worked.

Xijay?  G'vah? Quphoh?

-deborah
--
"I don't want to know what the structuralists think!  I want to
know what you think!"  -- Archer's Goon, Diana Wynne Jones