DWJ Quiz -- Who's Running Your Town

Belben, Philip ( Generation ) Philip.Belben at eme.co.uk
Wed May 5 06:49:31 EDT 2004

Ooh, fun!  Let's have a go...

1. The area in which you live is
a. A leafy suburb
b. The inner city
Somewhere between those two, anyway.

2. Your house is
a. Mock tudor
It isn't, but it was added to the housing estate in the 1920s when mock
Tudor was all the rage.

3. Your cup of tea (if not actually flavoured
with curry or vinegar) is
f. Tansy, mint or some other kind of herb
If "other" means "other than tea", that is.  Can't stand the stuff.

4. Your nearest pub is
c. Known for hosting local bands

5. What keeps you awake at night
c. Next door's party next door -- especially when
you have an invite.
Specifically, the Desford Colliery Band, who rehearse just across the
road.

6. What wakes you up in the morning
f. The crack of dawn.

7. Your neighbour
g. is an electricity substation

8. Public transport is
a. Not neccessary here
because...

9. The local shops are
c. A supermarket that sells everything from
radishes to records
...Morrison's is within easy walking distance

10. Local schools are
d. Rough

11. The local park has
b. A bad reputation after dark

12. For a good day out the locals
d. Stay in and get on with some DIY.

13. The locals like to wear
b. Black

14. The appropiate school of criticism is
f.  Traditional

Tot up the numbers of as, bs, cs etc. results
below.

a 2 1/2, b 2 1/2, c 3, d 2, e 0, f 3, g 1

Fairly well balanced, my part of Coalville, with only Venturus quite out
of it.

Well done, Ven, I liked the quiz!  I didn't spot the in joke, though.

Philip

Internet communications are not always secure and therefore the Powergen Group does not accept legal responsibility for this message. The recipient is responsible for verifying its authenticity before acting on the contents. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Powergen Group.

Registered addresses:

Powergen UK plc, Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

Powergen Retail Limited, Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England and Wales No: 3407430

Telephone     +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax                +44 (0) 2476 42 5432