Flapjack recipe, golden syrup and damper

Anna Clare McDuff amcduff at math.sunysb.edu
Tue May 4 06:17:16 EDT 2004

On Tue, 4 May 2004, Charles Butler wrote:

> Otter:
> > The whole Tim Tam thing came up on another list I'm on and eventually
> > there was a small trade in Tim Tams going on.  I don't remember what the
> > USAliens were supplying ....
>
> Until a few years ago I'd have plumped (and the word is very operative) for
> Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, but now we can buy them here all too easily.

	Unsweetened chocolate (cooking chocolate with absolutely no sugar
in it) is what I stuff in my suitcase coming back from the States. I've
never seen it for sale in the UK, not even in Fortnum's American foods
aisle, and to my mind it is essential for making chocolate cakes,
chocolate icing, chocolate anything really...

	Anna