List outage (Was: Re: Fun quiz and...)

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Tue May 4 05:14:14 EDT 2004

On Monday, May 3, 2004, at 09:50 PM, Ven wrote:

> <Hallie, who just noticed all the messages sent
> while suberic was down
> are here but were hiding.  I was wondering what
> Ven was talking about,
> and how Judith had replied to Charlie's message
> when it hadn't posted.>
>
> I was thinking I was the only one who had noticed
> that the list was down, well possibly the other
> digest readers too, but I can't imagine which of
> my posts was a puzzle........ and I don't seem to
> have seen any of Anna's message before either.
> Did we have a time slip or something?

Sorry, I didn't mean that to sound at all 'I hadn't a clue what on earth
Ven was ON about', which it may have done.  I only meant that I hadn't
seen your message saying that you couldn't open the BC review of F&H
Philip sent, so I didn't understand why you said Charlie had sent it to
you.  Similarly, I knew that Charlie had sent a reply to Judith, but
didn't see it, so wondered how Judith was replying to an invisible (I
thought) message.  All that happened was that messages sent to the list
while it was down posted at the time they were sent, although it was a
day or so after that that they appeared.  The email program I'm using
now doesn't show how many messages are coming in (as my old one did), so
I didn't think to go searching through older mail.  Don't know why you
didn't see Anna's message, unless you were avoiding the major spoiler
(it was the Desert Island thread, not the Fun quiz one, btw)?

But, my, how much more interesting a time slip would have been than that
lengthy and boring explanation!  I'm willing to claim that as what
happened if you are.  :)

Hallie.