weird foreign foods

Judith Ridge Judith.Ridge at
Tue May 4 02:39:14 EDT 2004

> *delurks*
> We have them on our side of the ditch too, but we call
> them toastie pies. I still have the toastie pie iron
> my family used to take camping, but it's sadly warped
> and drips cheese everywhere when I try to use it. I've
> never heard the term 'jaffle' before - what's its
> etymology?
> Chris

>From what I've read on line, there's a suggestion it was a brand name. The
Macquarie dictionary doesn't give any information on the etymology.


This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain
privileged information or confidential information or both. If you
are not the intended recipient please delete it and notify the sender.
To unsubscribe, email dwj-request at with the body "unsubscribe".
Visit the archives at

More information about the Dwj mailing list